Pages




26/08/2013

LACE UP from the Trendsetter

I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor
I had to steal from the store
On nights there wasn't shit to eat and see my best friends go down
So what the fuck you could possibly say to me
The verdict is I'm the truth
You could thank today's jury
If you want to judge you come walk a mile in my chucks
But the road sucks, better lace up, ugck 
So I did that, was with that, so I quit that
Told them about my dreams and they laughed but I spit that
Fire, I couldn’t deny
Shut it up ..and still I won’t forget that, fuck you all
And I won’t put that behind me, even though I left the past,
And I'm still the kid now, even though I left the class,
I’m on and they took everything from A to Z to do it,
So everything I’m talking I’ve been doing.
By eighteen I had been to more funerals than a reverend
And right when I felt like I'd give it up look what they sent me
My beautiful baby girl straight out of heaven and I love you girl
But even though It was never part of the plan
People doubted me because of who I am
I hope they understand that at nineteen with the world in my hands
I stepped up and handled that shit like a man
I’ve been hopeless, I’ve been broke, done every drug cept' for coke
So I did that, was with that, so I quit that.

They won't believe you if you don't prove.
Same goes to love, you ain't tellin the truth, you ain't gonna found love.

Here, I'm proving you. It's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment